Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Playing with my Cricut kind of day.....

Blustery and gray but very warm today for mid-November in New York. Such strange weather this Fall. The stores none the less are busy decorating and preparing for that big shopping day, Black Friday. Have you noticed many stores,local and online have jumped ahead of schedule with the sales this year? Well Santa heard my pleas and ordered a Gypsy! So excited. Sure hope it doesn't take as long to learn it as I did with my Cricut! But..once I started I never stopped.
Had problems sleeping last night so I jumped out of bed and went into my brand new studio and started a card. I'm not one of these" creative by nature" crafty people, I have to really work at it so naturally I didn't finish it until this morning but its done! I tried a few different things. I've never made a circle card, and I did something totally different with my ribbon.
I absolutely love that ribbon however as much as I played with it I could not make a decent bow. I was at a loss until it occurred to me that it would make a cute banner. I just had to figure out how to stiffen the satin ribbon enough so it would not fall flat. I don't have fabric stiffener on hand, so I covered it with Glossy Accents, shaped it and used my heat gun. It worked well!
Recipe:
Scalloped Circle: Winter Woodland
2 Layers of Circles:George
Snowflake: Winter Lace (cut from white paper,run through my Xyron and basted in Martha Steward Tinsel Glitter)
Snow Man: Snow Friends
I used a white pom-pom rolled in blue glitter for the top of the hat.
Every other scallop has a blue "pearl" alternating with snowflakes I had left from last year.
I'm still having fun playing in my new room. So much fun and makes crafting so much easier. So back to my room to create! Have a great day!
Blessings....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my sweet peeps!