Thursday, November 4, 2010

Another Victorian Christmas with a Birthday Card thrown in!

It sure is a damp and dreary day in my neck of the woods. Great excuse to kick back and create. My creativity is a bit off these days with the studio in progress and my guest room looking like..........well quite frankly like an episode of Hoarders! I can't find a thing-it is pure chaos! Many of my projects have made major detours because I can't find what I am looking for. Oh well..........sometimes detours are good!
I have another Victorian card for you today. I love that era & if I did believe in reincarnation that is the time period I would choose for my last life (like one isn't hard enough?). I love the architecture, the clothing, furniture and the romanticism. Ribbons, lace....horse drawn carriages over the cobblestone streets....well anyhow here is my take on it:
Very simple card. The hardest part was tying that darn bow. It only took me 2 nights to do it, Yes,,,you read correctly. I changed ribbon until I finally found one that would cooperate with me. I used my Cricut George Cart to cut the circle and my Cuttlebug to emboss. You can't see it in the photo however the muff and the brim of the bonnet are done in white and silver flocking to get it dimension and shimmer. The vine below the picture was taken from a gold glittered vine I found in Micheal's.
I have been playing around with flowers and Christmas cards way too long and left little time for a birthday card for my grandson in Jacksonville, Fla. So I worked quickly and this is what I came up with:

For this I used my favorite cartridge: Sweet Treats. It is such a fun cartridge to use and I just love using this "frosting" or in this case "ice cream" technique. Makes a great card I think! So.......excuse me as I run to the post office!
{{{Hugz}}}

2 comments:

  1. Love this card! So much talent! Where's mine? :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having a wonderful time going through your older posts. Have become your new follower
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my sweet peeps!