Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Manly Birthday..It's MAN week for Challenges!

So the challenge this week for Birthday Sundaes ,Crazy About Cricut,  ScrapaliciousUSAChallenge#5 and Wacky Wednesday Challenge #40 calls for a masculine  card/birthday card & I just happen to have one to share. I find any masculine card difficult but every now and then something clicks and I make one without a problem! I have actually been successful twice this past month! Maybe spring stirs creativity?
I had fun making this card for my son-in-law! He complains if I send a store bought Hallmark card so I really had to make all efforts to send one of "homemade variety". Now I have to admit, I made this months ago so I could be ahead of the game and mailed it 2 weeks late! (hanging my head in shame) I'm not real good at trips to the post office!
Recipe:
Nifty 50"s Cart
Generic red paper and ribbon
WalMart Black paper embossed with Cuttlebug Diamond Plate embossing folder
Sentiment: Pink by Design
The smudge..okay I had some ink on my fingers but then I thought it looks like a greasy smudge. Men...cars....grease right? So I left it!
So there you have it....very simple but 100% MAN!
This card has also been entered in the Paper Variety :For the Guys Challenge



Later crafty friends!
Hugs,

12 comments:

  1. Well done, I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you card and the paper you used:)
    Good luck in the challenge!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way Kathie! I love this card and so ned to get this cart! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Tisha
    http://tishascraftcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!!!!! I love the colors the embossing the patterned paper! FABULOUS!
    TFS~Raechel
    http://raechelscards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Card..love the sentiment lol. The nifty fifties cart is one of my very favorite.
    Cindy http://cardcrazeeme53.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! I love the background paper you used! Such a "Manly" touch! :-)

    Thank you for joining in the challenge at Scrapalicious USA

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one very cool card! Love it! Thanks for playing at Scrapalicious this week. ~Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so awesome! My hubby just saw it, too and said it was a cool card :)
    Gina
    ginascraftingspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a brilliant card. Love that embossing folder, perfect for male cards so think I will have to search for one x

    Thanks for joining my blog candy & posting in your side bar. I shall be announcing the winners at some point this week, so keep checking & Good Luck x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha it is totally mans week for challenges! Love this card!!!!Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Scrapalicious USA.
    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card! The car turned out great! That is great that your son-in-law prefers homemade cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. GREAT guy card!!! Good job!!! Thanks for linking up with Patches of Pink!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my sweet peeps!