Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Problem solved and I'm on my way!

 After much trial and error I fixed my problem and now officially have only one name. There is nothing beyond reach with the internet. What a great tool! I will make modifications as I learn them but for now this is it. Now for what I began my blog for-card making and playing with my precious paper products!
I've decided to begin with one of my favorites I made for my niece who so graciously gave up her comfy bedroom in S.Carolina for us during our recent visit. While there she took us to this wonderful little cupcake shop near U.S.C in Columbia, thus the idea for the card. I just love using this technique. I wish I could remember whose blog I found this on so I could give her the credit she deserves. If anyone knows please leave me a note.
Recipe:
Kraft Cardstock cut a 5 1/2" square
Layer cut at 5 1/4" square-DCWV Sweet Stack
Double layer of  "ruffles" made with Martha Stewart Border Punches
Cupcake using Cricut Sweet Treats-cut at 3"
Frosting (my favorite part and it has ZERO WW points!):Golden Gel Medium
The heart was cut from a paint chip compliments of Home Depot (my husband insists I'm going to jail). I covered it with a layer of Glossy Accents and sprinkled it with Martha Stewarts Glitter while still wet.
Buttons by Stampin Up
The "Sweet" in the Upper left hand corner was made from embossing aluminum foil with a Cuddlebug folder and cutting that single piece away from the whole.
The Gel Medium used for the frosting dries within a couple hours and is very light weight & flexible. After drying I painted a coat of Delta Sparkle Glaze on top to give it move depth and sparkle.  And there you have it a cupcake totally free of calories but loaded with sweetness!
I had promised a Halloween project so here we go:

 This is one of my fav's that I made for one of my out-of -state grandchildren. Fun,  isn't it? I used DCWV Halloween Stack and the Cricut October 31st Cart, The pumpkin was from a sheet of stickers from the dollar bin at Joanne Fabrics and the stamp (Ghouls just wanna have fun) from the dollar bin at Micheals, Yes.......I am an unemployed paper crafter so when I find a bargain I grab it!
Frugal Crafter tip of the day: Next time you are near a paint store pick up some paint chips. Not only do they cut beautifully, emboss like no other but you can get a very large unlimited variety of colors. Hint: Home Depot has really BIG paint chips. Don't tell them I sent you!
I'd like to give a special thank you to Nichole from http://canadiannickelscrapn.blogspot.com for her encouragement & offer to help me with my blog. If you haven't visited her blog please do and tell her I sent you. Not only is she extremely talented but she has a great sense of humor!
Later!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my sweet peeps!