Thursday, October 28, 2010

It's begining to look a lot like Christmas!

The temperature here in the Catskills is unusually warm for the end of October. It is 70 degrees and sunny but somehow or another the Christmas spirit overcame me and I just couldn't resist the temptation of making a Christmas card. I just love blue for Christmas. A bit unconventional but it is so pretty with white and sparkles! So I threw this very simple card together just to appease my craving!

Recipe:
White card stock for the base
DCWV Metallic dark blue cardstock for the first mat & matting around the picture
Embossed white cardstock (cuttlebug 5X7 folder) for the second layer.-sprayed with Frost Glimmer mist.
Picture from Lunagirls Victorian Holidays CD-Volume 1  Fur areas on the picture were highlighted with white Sparkly Fluff by Craft Lounge
Blue gemstones accent the snowflake  ( Cricut Winter Woodland Cartridge) and right side of card.
Satin ribbon...my weakness is bow making. I have the WORST time with it!
And that's it..........fast & easy!
Don't forget the many Blog Hops going on right now. I always said "I never win anything" however I won 3 times in the last hop I participated in....so guess I will have to find something new to whine about! You can't win if you don't play so get out there, look around. There is some fantastic talent out there and some really great blogs to follow!
Also.........make sure you use that Micheal's 50% off Martha Stewart Coupon. It expires 10/30/10. 
 Oh.......look what the Postman just brought me! Presents....who doesn't love presents! A dear friend sent me these for my birthday. Check out that card. Is that adorable or what? Thank you Susie....love it (& you {{hugs}})
Have a great one!











1 comment:

  1. Hi Hun
    You lucky gal, I love the card and the jewelry. Happy belated Birthday! aaaand it get's better... I have a little suprise for you over here Hugz xx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my sweet peeps!